Sunday, February 23, 2020

NONFICTION BOOK REVIEW #2020-27 - Grow in the Grace: Spiritual Growth Lessons from Peter's Walk with Jesus


LEARNING TO EXPERIENCE THE LORD AT A HIGHER LEVEL

Any individual who reads this book who happens to be Christian already knows the Lord wants them to be with him and to talk to Him, and by following Him in His teachings, walk alongside Him in the path of righteousness. This book the book offers believers answers to the daily struggles the world in that we live in are required to endure, which I believe the author succeeds in his intention in giving believers in the Lord through the scriptures the book contains.

What the author of this book, James Callen, apparently wants his readers to do through the book’s pages, is to step into Peter’s shoes as he interacts with the Lord, Jesus, as they experience transformational spiritualistic growth in their lives. And like any devotion book, one might read, at the end of each chapter, readers get ideas for their thoughts and reflections, ideas that are designed to increase their relationships with the Lord.

I believe there’s an intrinsic sense of ecstasy when Christians can have in having read this book as they begin to follow the Lord explicitly, a feeling which I believe is epitomize by Merle Haggard’s song; He Walks with Me:

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The son of God discloses

And he walks with me, and he talks with me
And he tells me I am his own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known

For wanting his Christians to experience the grandeur of being able to have a more meaningful conversations with the Lord as they begin to walk in His footsteps, as a voracious reviewer of nonfiction Christian books I’m giving Mr. Callen the 5 STARS he’s garnered from his endeavor here.

AMAZON REVIEW/BUY LINK: 

No comments:

Post a Comment