Monday, February 10, 2020

"IT HAD ONLY BEEN A GAME' - SNIPPET #2

If you haven’t read a snippet on this blog before, then read this first.

This snippet comes from my debut YA/NA Christian romance story entitled, “It Had Only Been a Game.” It is design to give you an idea of what is going on in various parts of the storyline.

FROM CHAPTER 11

Grabbing Chelsea’s hand, Brian instructed her not to say another word until they would arrive at his destination.
No doubt, Chelsea wasn’t pleased by his behavior, a behavior she’d never had seen before. Furthermore, she wasn’t pleased with his pulling her along by her hand so fast; she could barely keep up with him.
“Stopping dragging your feet, Chelsea. I’ve got some important news we need to talk about.”
All of a sudden, Chelsea sees a familiar site coming into view, it’s the enclave they’ve been to several times already when they wanted some real privacy.
That sweet, sneaky Brian, trying to get me angry enough that I wind up yelling at him so that I’d have to apologized and kiss him.
I wonder if what he wants to tell me has to do with the mysterious comment he made at the diner while we had our lunch, the explanation which he couldn’t go into any details.
If that’s the case, the intuition which I’ve inherited from my mother, the critical news he wants to talk about, has to deal with the part-time job offer he told me about when we first met.
I’ll play it calm, and won’t overreact enthusiastically for his good fortune, when he finally reveals his secretive message.
I won’t even give him the obligatory he’s probably expecting me to give him.
We’re almost there.
I’ll transform myself into the coy, unexpecting woman he’d love for me to be.
“We’re here, Chelsea.”
“So, we’re here. Right in front of our favorite spot on campus for intimacy. Why couldn’t you have just me you wanted us to have some?”
“The reason I brought you here has nothing to do about us being intimate with each other.”
“You better have not found another woman you’d rather be with.”
“You know I can never have anyone besides you, my dear Chels. We’ve known each other since we’ve been about five-years-old,” nervously replied Brian.
“So, give my dear Brian. What’s up?”
Once they were in their hidden enclave spot, Brian attempted to hug Chelsea so he could kiss her.
“Not so fast, Hot Stuff. Not until you reveal the real reason you’ve brought me here.
Hot Stuff. Wow, this is the first time Chelsea’s ever called me this. She must have become infatuated towards me. I better become a good boy and do whatever she wants me to do.

AMAZON LINK:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083S1L3X8

No comments:

Post a Comment