Monday, February 10, 2020

NONFICTION BOOK REVIEW #2020-002 - Discover Your Gift: 12 Signs Your Gift is Calling

I’VE GOTTA BE ME. I’VE GOTTA BE ME

Each of us, when we’re born, we are given specific inherent talents by the Lord. While some of our abilities are already full-blown and visible by the world as a whole, most are still waiting for their discovery, or to mature so they can be welcomed and revealed with the world. Patience is a virtue that we can’t disregard for many times our talents, as I’ve said, needs to have time to mature.

I found myself, in the course of reading this book, being the person the book had been talking about in its pages. Growing up as a child, I never got interested in reading books; now, I’m a decently ranked reviewer on Amazon as well as being a Top Contributor for True Crime books. While my attempts at writing romance have not yet bared the results, I had hoped to see; with my increased desire to read/review nonfiction Christian books, I found myself writing not one, two such books, one of which is a YA/NA Christian romance that felt I quite comfortable in writing. My writing anything for this genre is something I never imagined being capable of doing until now, probably because I’ve sensed the Lord guiding me through the dreams I’ve gotten from Him.  

Also, as I read this book, in the back of mind, I heard Sammy Davis, Jr., singing his song “I’ve Gotta Be Me,” which told me I must be true to myself and everything I do if I want to succeed in any of my endeavors in writing.

For showing his readers, including myself, the light to the talents we might not know that we possess, as a reviewer of nonfiction Christian books, I’m happy to give the author, Steve Sample, the 5 STARS he’s gotten from me.

AMAZON REVIEW/BUY LINK:

No comments:

Post a Comment