Monday, February 10, 2020

NONFICTION BOOK REVIEW #2020-019 - Misfits

MISFITS ARE MERELY INDIVIDUALS WHO SEEKING TO BE ACCEPTED

I’d initially downloaded this book as an Amazon KINDLE Unlimited; however, in the end, I decided to buy a copy so it would become part of my permanent KINDLE Library on my computer.

I’m a multi-genre romance author myself, using three names because of the various genres I’ve written in, I found this delightful book to be as the author himself has described, to be quirky. An interesting thing about this is that it has gotten written by a male, a male who’s unabashed to have written it under his own name, rather than hiding it behind some feminine pen name like most male authors when writing romance. [This is forgetting about those males who write those ungodly gay romances.]

Perhaps the reason why the author, Roger Bruner, has been able to do it here, is that the story has gotten from the male protagonist's POV [point of view.] The story is one which the father, Ben Matthews, has written to his son, for him to understand that it’s okay to be a misfit because there’s always someone who would love you for being the person who you are. The problem the two protagonists had to face in their being misfits had been the misguided perceptions their peers possessed regarding them since the two are PKs [Preacher Kids]. Their peers believed that the two couldn’t participate in the same activities they did without them bringing religion into these activities.

Misfits are individuals who get persecuted for merely being who there are, and I, for one, knows what this is like since I got treated as a misfit due to a genetic condition I suffer from, that is until I get my dear OH. For having written an endearing, yet quirky story regarding being an adolescent, I’ve given the author, Roger Bruner, 5 STARS. 

AMAZON REVIEW/BUY LINK:

No comments:

Post a Comment