Monday, February 10, 2020

NONFICTION BOOK REVIEW #2020-003 - The Essence of Christian Doctrine:

AN A, B, C APPROACH IN LEARNING ABOUT CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE

I read this book via an Amazon KINDLE Unlimited download.

Those who read my reviews regularly have to realize that I’ve got an adoration for nonfiction Christian books. The fact is, I’ve read about 175 of these books in the last 18 months, with approximately 45% of the 260+ books I had read/reviewed in the previous year [2019] having been for books belonging to this genre.

Despite this adoration, I’m still a layperson when it comes to Christian doctrine and the like, and therefore a Bible student learning still learning the necessary knowledge. The author of this book, Martin Murphy, presents this book in a systematic, logically sequenced presentation that this 69-year-old Bible student can readily understand.

The progression of this book takes its readers on a step by step learning sequence where the discussion of one topic leads into the next item, and so forth. In doing so, the reader an education of the interdependent doctrines and its application in real life, which hopefully develops into a meaning spiritual growth for each individualistic reader, according to the Apostles’ Creed. With this in hand, readers also get a doctrinal explanation regarding such topics as creation, sin, and the all-important matter of salvation.

For having given his readers, including myself, a doctrinal education that is meaningful and speaks directly to them as individuals and not down to them, as the reviewer of nonfiction Christian books that I’ve become, it gratifies to give Mr. Murphy the 5 STARS he’s gotten from me.

AMAZON REVIEW/BUY LINK:

No comments:

Post a Comment