Monday, February 10, 2020

NONFICTION BOOK REVIEW #2020-018 - Wilderness Meditations: 40 Devotions for Lent, Fasting, and Spiritual Growth

GETTING THROUGH LENT WITH THE AID OF A DAILY DEVOTION

I read this book via an Amazon KINDLE Unlimited download.

When I think about the 40 days of Lent, I marvel at how once again that number comes up, for as we look at scriptures, we find that:

It rained for 40 days/nights [GENSIS 7:12].
Moses spent 40 years tending flocks in the desert after killing the Egyptian [ACTS 7:30].
Moses spent 40 days/nights on Mt. Sinai [EXODUS 24:18].
The Israelites spent 40 years wandering the desert [DEUTEROMONY 8:2-5].
Jesus had gotten tempted for 40 days/nights [MATTHEW 4:2]

During this 40-day Lental period, those who are Christian possess a marvelous opportunity to increase their relationships with the Lord. To begin with, believers forsake doing certain things, like not going to the movies, sports events, or eating their favorite foods, all in His memory. This period is, in some perspectives, a cleansing of one's souls in preparation for the celebration of Easter. 

This timely devotional book for the Lent season, written by the author, Donna E. Lane, prepares her readers to become a genuine part of it, through the specific daily devotions to the Lord regarding His Greatest. The best thing about the book is that it has not gotten based solely on Ms. Lane's knowledge of scripture, it has gotten inspired by the Lord’s guidance each morning that she had gotten up during a previous Lental period. Inspiration such as this doesn’t come from one’s mind; it comes from the heart.

This type of inspiration is something that must be experienced by one’s self to appreciate the sensation. While despite my reading/reviewing of the nonfiction Christian books I’ve done, I’m not all devout as I should be, I’ve experienced the same sort of inspiration as I wrote one of my two debut Christian books [R.L. Morgan], which is why I’ve given Ms. Lane the 5 STARS she’s received from me for her divine endeavor here.

AMAZON REVIEW/BUY LINK:

No comments:

Post a Comment