Sunday, June 28, 2020

NONFICTION BOOK REVIEW #2020-062 - How To Hide God's Word In Your Heart: Keys To Remembering More Of What You Read From Your Bible (Understanding the Bible Series Book 1)


GETTING TO KNOW THE BIBLE FROM YOUR HEARTS AND NOT ONLY YOUR MINDS

I read this book via an Amazon KINDLE Unlimited download.

In the past eighteen months or months I’ve gotten into reading/reviewing nonfiction Christian books, and if you’ve got any doubts, just read the reviews I’ve written during this period, which so far this year has accounted for over 70% of the almost 90 books I’ve reviewed.

Reading this many books from this genre wound up inspiring me to write two Christians of my own and forgetting the amount of spiritual knowledge and understanding I’ve begun to obtain. The only problem I’ve got is trying to recall the scriptures off the top of my head as if they’d be coming from my heart, which is what attracted me to read this book.

I admire those Christians who can seemingly rattle off scriptures to others as they discuss the Bible with them, and would to be able to do the same, even if it’s to a lesser extend.

In writing this book, author Sheldon D Newton wants his readers, including me, to acquire the ability to remember more of what we read when it comes to scriptures. The ability to do this is what I would like to achieve, and in writing this book, the author is fulfilling what we read in both MATTHEW 7:7 and LUKE 11:9 [NKJV]:

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

To achieve his desired goal with his readers the author has written this book in an unambiguous and easy to comprehend manner using biblical notions that have the ability to change a person’s life through the usage of various study aids, so ultimately his readers might possess the ability to have the words of the Lord emanating from their hearts. And when this occurs, the author, I believed would it would fulfill what we read in DEUTERONOMY 6:6 [NKJV]

“And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.”

Being able to know the entire Bible my heart is a lifelong task, and this book endeavors to make it a bit easier for its readers to begin the memorization process, which is why I’m giving this book and its author the 5 STARS it has gotten.

Amazon Review/Buy link:

No comments:

Post a Comment