Wednesday, June 17, 2020

NONFICTION BOOK REVIEW #2020-060 - Because God Is . . . I am: Scriptures from GOD Who Are You? AND Who Am I?



Those of you who happen to follow my reviews know that I possess a compassion for reading/reviewing books of a non-fiction Christian nature. If fact, so far this year over 70% of the 85 reviews I written have been for the book of this genre.

Of the multitude of topics non-fiction. Christian books deal with I’m especially enthralled by those books which have its readers simply reflect on carefully chosen scriptures that dwell into the various aspects of the Lord according to His Hebrew names. Each chapter serves to denote to a single aspect of the Lord’s greatest, and what happens as we related to each one, such as:

God is Jehovah-Rohi [The Lord is My Shepherd]
I Am Guided When I follow.

God is El Shaddai [The All-Sufficient One]
I Am Blessed.

God is Jehovah-Rapha  [The Lord is Healer]
I Am Healed.

The author, Ann Morgan Miesner, uses the knowledge she’s gained through life experiences with the Lord to educate her readers, especially women, as to who the Lord is, and who they are in the Lord’s eyes. While this book is an excellent reading experience when reading it alone, the power that this has becomes far more evident when it is read in small, intimate bible study groups of women; this is not meant to exclude any men from the power this book can have on their lives. The reason I’m saying this, rest in the understanding women share the same sort of life experiences, which men can’t even begin to understand, such as being blessed with carrying the seed of life for the next generation of Christians.

It is for this reason, as a reviewer of Christian books, I’m grateful I’ve given Ms. Miesner, the 5 STARS she justly deserves.

Amazon Review/Buy link:

No comments:

Post a Comment